Frank Ochberg, MD (born 1940), is an acclaimed psychiatrist, a pioneer in trauma science, an educator and the editor of the first text on the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). He is one of the founding fathers of modern psychotraumatology and served on the committee that defined PTSD. He is a graduate of Harvard and of Johns Hopkins Medical School. – Wikipedia
In 1993 Dr. Ochberg founded Gift From Within, “a non-profit organization dedicated to those who suffer PTSD, those at risk for PTSD, and those who care for traumatized individuals”.
These are some of Dr. Ochberg’s videos. We hope that what you see here will inspire you to explore the extent of Dr. Ochberg’s videos currently on YouTube, and Gift From Within.*
* Video clips used by special permission from Gift From Within – PTSD Resources for Survivors & Caregivers to Cognitive Compass.
- 1. Treating Chronic PTSD in Vietnam Vets with Frank Ochberg
- 2. Compassion Fatigue, Secondary PTSD, Vicarious PTSD, Differences
- 3. PTSD Symptoms: Why do trauma survivors so often feel shame?
- 4. Frank reads his poem for veterans called 'My Wounds Are Not For You To See'
- 5. Compassion Fatigue: Can a child develop Secondary PTSD?
- 6. What is the common ground between men and women and PTSD?
- 7. Do different traumas cause different forms of PTSD?